1．副词如：in, out, down, there, here, off, over, away, etc. 句子倒装。（完全倒装，但主语不能是代词）
Down jumped the murderer from the tenth floor.
In came Miss Green.
Away she went!（她走了！）
Here you are!（你在这儿！）
2．only + 副词（介词短语）位于句首，句子要倒装。
Only then did he realize that he was mistaken.
Only by working hard can we succeed in doing anything.
3．well, so, often, such, few, little 放于句首，句子形成倒装。
So fine was the weather that we all went out lying in the sun.
Well did I know him and well did he know me.
4．否定词或具有否定意义的词及词组用在句首时，句子须倒装。此类词有： neither，nor，hardly，scarcely， rarely，seldom，not，never，not only，barely，at no time，nowhere等。
e.g. — Jack could not swim.
— Neither could Tom.
Never have I seen such a good movie.
Rich as he is, he spends a cent on charity.
Try as he does, he never seems able to do the work beautifully.
May you make greater progress! （愿你取得更大进步！）
7．在虚拟条件句中，连词if省略时，句型要倒装，即将were, had, should等词提到句首。
Were I you, I would go abroad to take advanced study.
Should he come tomorrow, he would help us to settle the problem.
Much as we may pride ourselves on our good taste, we are no longer free to choose the things we want.
（NCE Book III Lesson 26）
1. Not until the mid-nineteenth-century discovery of vast deposits of borate's in the
A. borax became
B. did borax become
C. and borax become
D. borax's becoming
2. ________ received law degrees as today.
A. Never so many women have
B. Never have so many women
C. The women aren't ever
D. Women who have never
3. ________ the Bob's belongings that he carried them in a bundle slung over his shoulders.
A. Were so few B. Few were so
C. So few were D. They were so few
4. Only after a baby seal is pushed into the sea by its mother ________ to swim.
A. how will it learn B. will it learn how
C. it will learn how D. and it learns how
5. Not only ________ a promise, but he also kept it.
A. did he made B. he made
C. did he make D. he makes
6. Nowhere in the world ________ .
A. travelers can buy so much beauty for so little as in
B. no one can buy so much beauty for so little money as
C. so much beauty can be bought for so little money in
D. can travelers buy so much beauty for so little money as in
7. No sooner ________ gone home than it began to rain heavily.
A. had I B. have I C. I had D. I have
8. Not for a moment ________ the truth of your story.
A. he has doubted B. he doubts
C. did he doubt D. he did doubt
9. ________ succeed in doing anything. A. Only by working hard we can B. By only working hard we can C. Only by working hard can we D. Only we can work hard
10. Never before in similar circumstances ________ .
A. a British Prime Minister had refused to step down.
B. did a British Prime Minister have refused to step down.
C. a British Prime Minister did have refused to step down.
D. had a British Prime Minister refused to step down.
11. People might avoid many accidents ________ these methods been adopted before.
A. that B. were C. have D. had
12. ________arose the problem that the boy will never overcome the great difficulties.
A. It B. This C. Here D. Those